PRES. DETERTE ON COPS IN KIAN'S DELOS SANTOS KILLING: IF THERE IS LIABILITY, THEY WILL GO TO JAIL !

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte on Monday said that he is in favor of investigating the death of 17-year-old Kian Loyd delos Santos, who was killed by police during anti-drug operations in Caloocan City.

"I agree that there should be an investigation. If there is liability, they will go to jail," he told reporters in a press conference in Malacañang.

"Nung nakita ko yung tape tinawagan ko si [PNP Chief General Ronald 'Bato' Dela Rosa]. Sabi ko hulihin ninyo na at ikulong ninyo," he said later in his address.

Duterte was referring to CCTV footage that seems to show police officers carrying Kian to the place where he was later found.

When asked if he will pardon the cops if they are convicted in the Delos Santos case, he replied: "No, I saw the evidence."
Duterte has previously maintained that he would not let cops go to jail if they are charged in connection to their operations.

But he said the Delos Santos case was different. "Yung arestado na, barilin mo, that's another thing... it will be murder or homicide," he said.

The President also said he would not go to Kian's wake because it would be "pregnant with so many suppositions."

Police claimed that Kian had shot at them, and later produced a drug suspect who said that Kian had been a drug runner.

The teenager's family has denied the allegations.

Duterte added that he would not interfere with the Department of Justice's investigation. "Ang presidente, hindi puwedeng makialam diyan," he said.

"That could be an obstruction of justice, and you could be impeached. Impeachable offense 'yan."

Duterte has previously repeatedly maintained that he would "protect" cops if they kill people during operations.

"Himagsikan"

Duterte also showed pique at the demonstrations that have sprung up in the wake of Kian's killing. "Uprising, go ahead," he repeatedly said.
Mas Bago Mas luma