Seventeen years old and still in grade 11, Kian Loyd delos Santos was killed during an Oplan Galugad in Caloocan City.

The teenager was shot in Barangay 160 in Caloocan City during a police operation. He was seen taking off when he spotted police officers approaching past 8 PM.

Law enforcers claimed Delos Santos drew a gun and fired at them which left them no other choice but to fire back at him. However, a relative said that is not what happened.

Apparently, the victim's uncle, Randy delos Santos, asked bystanders who witnessed what had happened. He was told that when one of the drug suspects saw police officers coming, he gave a packet of what seemed to be shabu to the victim, fearing that it might be seen in his possession, he ran.

The victim's relatives have been looking for him that nigh and were going around the barangay, looking for him. Then they heard gunshots, checked where it was coming from, finding a victim on the ground.

A caliber .45 was found and two sachets of shabu was found in the slain teenager.

According to Saldy Delos Santos, the victim's father, the teen was allegedly in his sleeping clothes and was closing the sari-sari store where he gets his daily allowances for school.
"Hindi namin matanggap na babaril siya ng pulis samantalang nakita namin sa CCTV camera, kung babarilin sila ng anak ko... bakit dala dala nila 'yung anak ko? Kinaladkad, dinala nila sa dilim, doon nila pinatay. Tapos sasabihin nila lumaban?" Saldy said.

"Wala kaming record. Nagtitinda lang po kami ng kendi. Ang bahay namin nasa harap ng eskuwelahan. 'Yung anak ko nagtitinda lang po 'yun. Nagsara lang siya ng tindahan tapos nadaanan siya ng pulis, dinala siya. Tapos sasabihin, binaril sila ng anak ko?" he added. He said that there were not a single police officer came up to them to explain what happened. No matter what happened, he said that his family will pursue filing charges against the police for the death of his son.

There were several witnesses claiming that the police officers were lying and planted evidences on the victim.

Senior Superintendent Chito Bersaluna, chief of Caloocan City police, explained that Kian was killed in a very dangerous place which is why it was where the "one time, big time" police drug operation was conducted, adding that Kian was the runner of narcotics.

"Sa follow-up operation natin, nakahuli din tayo. At dito po natin napatunayan, si alyas Nono, nagturo na ito pong suspek nating si Kian ang siyang tagadala sa kanya ng mga order niya na dalawang bulto, o more or less 10 grams," he Bersaluna.

"Si Kian po, siya po ang runner ni Alyas Neneng, na kanilang kapamilya," she added.

There were also evidences proving that Kian was really a runner of drug transactions between two drug suspects, Nono and Nene. Kian was not the main target of the operation but he ran when police showed up.

"Hindi po natin masigurado 'yun. Nang makita ko 'yung bidyo, unang una hindi ko rin naman kilala 'yung tao. At hindi ko rin po makilala dahil hindi po nakaharap sa camera," he further explained.

PNP chief also added that the parents are not always with their children to actually know and supervise every single thing they are doing, saying their son is innocent won't stand in court.

"Hindi po natin masasagot 'yan kasi ang lahat po ng mga magulang, hindi naman po lahat ng oras ay nakakasubaybay sa kanilang mga anak," he explained.

Bersaluna is open to any investigation in case the victim's family will file charges against them.
Previous Post Next Post